Friday, March 16, 2012

First Appointment

Today I had my first doctor's appointment for the baby. We get to see the little one on ultrasound, and it was amazing! He/she looked great, had a strong heartbeat, and was measuring right on track. Praise God!

While the baby looked great, my blood pressure was elevated. I had two physicals recently, an annual exam right before I got pregnant, and an exam for a life insurance policy a couple of days before I found out I was pregnant. My blood pressure was great for both. I have no idea why it would be elevated now. I never had any blood pressure issues during my pregnancy with Jo. So, they are watching it closely, which means a lovely 24-hour urine collection test for me and extra lab work. Not fun, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to have a healthy pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment