Friday, February 17, 2012

Lab Results

The day after I found out I was pregnant, I called to make a lab appointment to check my progesterone levels. When I was pregnant with Jo, my progesterone levels were slightly low, so I was put on a progesterone cream. I wanted to get my levels tested so that, if needed, I could start the cream right away.

The nurse called today with my lab results, and my progesterone was a 19. She said that this was excellent, and that I don't need the cream this pregnancy. I'm glad that my levels are good, and I know that the cream doesn't absorb very well anyway, but I'm a little nervous about not being on it this time. They also tested my HCG level, and it was 185. She said that this was normal for four weeks pregnant. I'll go in for my first doctor's appointment around 7 or 8 weeks. Even as I type those words, it seems surreal! I'm so thankful for this little miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment